You will receive payment in one of two ways depending on the type of child care provider you have chosen.
If you choose a license exempt provider (such as a relative) you will receive a two party check in the mail.
If you choose a licensed provider, you will receive your child care assistance on your Utah Horizon Card "child care" account, and the provider will connect with this account with a point-of-sale machine or Interactive Voice Response (IVR).
- Swipe your Horizon card through the provider’s point-of-sale machine and tell your provider how much you want to pay.
- Make sure the amount displayed in the window of the PIN Pad is correct and verify the payment is coming out of your "child care" account.
- Enter your PIN and press ENTER (#). Never give your PIN to your provider.
- Your provider will give you a receipt, showing your remaining balance.
Interactive Voice Response (IVR)
If your provider doesn’t have a point-of-sale machine, you can use the Interactive Voice Response (IVR) option to pay your provider. You will need the 16 digit number on your Horizon card and your provider’s ID number.
- Call 1-800-997-4444, press 1 and enter the 16 digit number on your Horizon card.
- You will hear the available balances in your Horizon card account. Press "2" for more options and then "4" for child care.
- Press "2" to process a child care transfer.
- If your provider’s ID number begins with an "A", press "1"; if it begins with a "B", press "2"; if it begins with a "C", press 3.
- Enter the ID number of your provider followed by the pound (#) key. If there is a letter in the ID number, use the star (*) key for that letter. For example, A123456 is entered *123456#.
- Enter the amount of child care benefits to be transferred followed by "#". Use the "*" key for the decimal point. For example, if you need to transfer $56.50, you would press "5 6 * 5 0 #"
- The system will repeat the amount you entered. If it is correct, press "1". If it is incorrect, press "2" and reenter the amount.
- Enter your PIN number. The system will repeat it back to you. If it is correct, press "1"; if incorrect press "2".
- The system will tell you the transfer has been approved and give you an authorization number. Write down the authorization number and give it to your provider. Press "1" to hear the number again.
- To pay an additional provider, press "2"; if finished, hang up.