You can use your Horizon card like a debit card at most stores that sell food.
- Once the cashier has totaled the items you can buy with the Horizon card,
you will pass your Horizon card through a point-of-sale (POS)
machine in the checkout line and enter your PIN.
- The cost of the items you buy will be subtracted from the amount in your food stamp EBT account.
- Once the sale is complete, you will receive a receipt that shows the amount of your purchase and the amount of money that is left in your EBT account.
- You should keep these receipts so you know how much of the food stamp money remains in your EBT account each time you go to the store.
- You should also keep these receipts as your record of food stamp purchases in case there are problems or questions with your account.
For a list of what you can and can’t buy with food stamps, please click here .
For every month that you receive food stamp benefits, your benefits will be automatically deposited into your EBT account based on the first letter of your last name:
- A - G available on the 5th
- H - O available on the 11th
- P - Z available on the 15th