Refugee Capacity Building 2017
|Grant Title:||Refugee Capacity Building 2017|
|Funding Source:||Utah State General Fund|
|Maximum Award Amount:||Option One = $15,000 or Option Two = $5,000 for each project, maximum 3 projects|
|Expected Number of Awards:||5-20|
|Estimated Total Program Funding:||$150,000.00|
|Application Deadline:||Friday, October 28, 2016, 4:00 PM, LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED|
|Pre-Proposal Meetings:||Thursday, September 22, 2016 6:00-8:00 PM and Saturday,
September 24, 2016 1:00 – 3:00 PM.
|Program Start Date:||November 1, 2016|
|Program End Date:||Option One end date: June 30, 2017,
Option Two end date: February 28, 2017
The Department of Workforce Services Refugee Services Office (RSO) will award grants to refugee community based organizations to assist refugee communities with integration and self-sufficiency. Applicants can apply to provide a program service that will positively impact the lives of refugees. Program services should be developed based on the needs of the refugee community.
Who May Apply:
This application is specifically for those RCBO applicants categorized as Level 1 Contractors. An RCBO is categorized as Level 1 if they meet the following criteria:
- Applicants who meet the criteria stated in the "Minimum Requirements" below.
- Applications may be submitted to:
- Start a new program
- Continue an existing program
- A maximum of three (3) applications will be accepted during the grant period (November 1, 2016 to February 28, 2017).
- Collaboration between multiple organization/s is encouraged; however subcontracting under this agreement will not be allowed.
- Applicants that have received funding or that currently receive funding from DWS must be in good standing with DWS to be considered for the grant.
- The applicant must be a refugee-led organization with an Employer’s Identification Number (EIN) that must be included on the application form.
- The leadership of the refugee-led organization must be comprised of at least 75% refugees.
- The applicant must ensure that all refugee populations are being included in the programming. No refugee population, community or individual may be excluded. However, programming may specifically target women, youth, elderly, or other segments of the population.
- The applicant must be incorporated and its business registration must be up-to- date.
- The applicant must have a charitable organization permit that is up-to- date.
- See Attachment B - Scope of Work for detailed requirements.
- RCBO Request for Grant Application 2017
- Attachment A - Grant Terms and Conditions
- Attachment B - Scope of Work
- Attachment C – Evaluation Score Sheet
- Attachment D – Non-Disclosure Agreement
- Attachment E – Background Check Policy
- Attachment F – Code of Conduct
- Attachment G – Financial Reporting
- RCBO Grant Application (Fill-able Form)
- RCBO Budget and Budget Narrative
Questions & Answers