RCBO Level 1
|Grant Title:||RCBO Level 1 – Capacity Building for Refugee Communities|
|Funding Source:||Utah State General Fund|
|Maximum Award Amount:||$16,000.00|
|Expected Number of Awards:||8|
|Estimated Total Program Funding:||$128,000.00|
|Application Deadline:||May 27, 2015, 5:00 p.m. MST|
|Pre-Proposal Meetings:||May 12, 2015 – 10:00 AM
May 13, 2015 – 3:00 PM
|Program Start Date:||July 1, 2015|
|Program End Date:||June 30, 2016|
The Department of Workforce Services Refugee Services Office (RSO) will award grants to refugee community-based organizations (RCBOs) that can show they have capacity to manage grants and comply with the funding purposes. Through this grant the communities will further develop their organizational capacity to better assist needy families in their refugee communities to receive services in a culturally and linguistically appropriate and competent manner. The grant will also enable refugees to get effective education that will provide them with tools to help them become self-sufficient.
Who May Apply:
This application is specifically for those RCBO applicants categorized as Level 1 Contractors. An RCBO is categorized as Level 1 if they meet the following criteria:
- they did not receive an award from the preceding year’s Capacity Building for Refugee Communities Grant, OR
- they were required to return money from a Capacity Building for Refugee Communities Grant award due to noncompliance, OR
- they scored above a 2.5 on the 2014-2015 Capacity Building for Refugee Communities Grant March audit. AND
- they have not developed programming outside of the scope of the Capacity Building for Refugee Communities Grant for which they have raised in excess of $8,000.
If an RCBO does not fall into a, b, or c above, there will be a separate application process for those RCBOs.
- The RCBO must be a non-profit corporation of which 75% or more of the Board of Directors is from the language and cultural group of the refugee community.
- The RCBO has a Board in place that includes 30% or a minimum of 2 women in its composition. In 2015-2016, an RCBO may submit a plan to develop such a Board; however, in subsequent years this expectation will be mandatory to apply.
- The RCBO has by-laws that reflect a charitable purpose.
- The RCBO is incorporated and its business registration is up-to-date.
- The RCBO has a charitable organization permit that is up-to-date.
- The RCBO has an Employer’s Identification Number (EIN) that must be included on the application form.
- The RCBO has a target population of 100 individuals or 20 families, whichever is larger. It must maintain a database of the families that will be served. Database must include names of household members, address, contact number or otherwise, age, sex, occupation, date of arrival in United States and date of arrival in Utah. Database will be verified by RSO.
- The RCBO provides 2014 tax returns for state and federal filings.
- RCBO Level 1 RFGA - Updated 05/07/2015
- Attachment A - Grant Terms & Conditions
- Attachment B - Scope of Work
- Attachment C - Evaluation Score Sheet - Updated 05/07/2015
- Attachment D - Budget
- Attachment E - Letter Documenting Adherence
- Attachment F - Background Check
- Attachment G - Code of Conduct
- Attachment H - Non-Disclosure Agreement
- RCBO Level 1 Grant Application Cover Sheet
- RCBO Level 1 Grant Application
Attachment C has been updated as of 05/07/2015
Questions & Answers