Extended Case Management for Refugees
|Grant Title:||Extended Case Management for Refugees|
|Funding Source:||Office of Refugee Resettlement, Refugee Social Services (RSS) and Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)|
|Maximum Award Amount:||N/A|
|Expected Number of Awards:||Unknown|
|Estimated Total Program Funding:||N/A|
|Application Deadline:||November 16, 2015, 4:00 p.m.|
|Bidders’ Conference:||October 28, 2015, 11:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.|
|Program Start Date:||January 1, 2016|
|Program End Date:||December 31, 2019|
DWS is requesting grant applications to provide extended case management services to connect refugees to resources that will improve the potential for greater self-sufficiency and integration in the state of Utah. ECM provides refugees with the resources they need by connecting them to services. These include but are not limited to: providing instruction on how to navigate social, cultural and economic resources; advocating for issues important to refugees; and educating refugees to build skills and increase confidence needed to eventually pursue services they need on their own. ECM focuses on increasing access, knowledge, and skills in areas such as housing, health care, employment and financial stability, English and education, as well as community and family support systems promoting well-being and integration. The overall purpose of these services is to provide refugees with tools and resources they need to become economically and financially stable.
Who May Apply:
- Applications may be submitted to: A) start a new program or B) continue or expand an existing program.
- The following are encouraged to apply: public and private schools, local governments, public or private not-for-profit organizations, faith-based organizations, state offices and agencies.
- Programs that have a religious affiliation will be required to provide assurances that grant funds will not be used for religious instruction.
- Collaboration between multiple organizations/s is encouraged; however subcontracting under this agreement will not be allowed.
- Applicants that have received funding or that currently receive funding from DWS must be in good standing with DWS to be considered for the grant.
- Applicants that are willing to collaborate with DWS and with other service providers to meet outcomes of case management services.
- Program must meet TANF Income Eligibility: (TANF Purpose 2: Reduce the dependency of needy parents by promoting job preparation, work, and marriage.)
- Organizations must have the ability to determine eligibility for services.
- Potential participants must complete a Form 300 to determine income eligibility (see Attachment F – Form 300).
- Organizations must utilize DWS’ TANF Eligibility Verification System (TEVS).
- Details regarding eligibility and TEVS can be found at: http://jobs.utah.gov/services/tevs/tanfcontract.html
- Organization must provide documentation of refugee status according to 45 CFR 400.43 (see Attachment G – Documentation of Refugee Status)
- Organizations must be able to show that they have experience providing case management services to refugees.
- Complete DWS’ Pre-Award Risk Assessment found at: http://goo.gl/forms/hA3IJAOQ50
- Extended Case Management Services must be outcome based with results that demonstrate progress toward refugee self-sufficiency outcomes. (See Attachment H – Case Management Outcomes)
- Organizations shall enter in to a data sharing agreement with DWS and provide assessment, indicator and program data to a DWS-hosted data management system.
- See Attachment A - Scope of Work for detailed requirements.
- RFGA - Extended Case Management
- Attachment A - SOW
- Attachment B - Bidders Meeting
- Attachment C - Evaluation Score Sheet
- Attachment D - Allowable Costs
- Attachment E - Grant T&Cs NEW MONEY
- Attachment F - Form 300
- Attachment G - Documentation of Refugee Status
- Attachment H - Case Management Outcomes
- Attachment I - Non-Disclosure Agreement
- Attachment J - Code of Conduct w Signature Line
- Attachment K - Background Check
- Narrative Application
- Budget Detail
- Budget Narrative and Itemization
October 28, 2015
- Updated Announcement Page - Program End Date is December 31, 2019
- Updated RFGA - Grant period ends December 31, 2019.
- Updated RFGA - Questions regarding the RFGA should be submitted in writing on or before November 9, 2015 and written responses will be posted by November 10, 2015.
- Updated RFGA - Final Addenda will be posted no later than November 10, 2015.
- Updated Scope of Work - Funding period ends December 31, 2019.
- Updated Evaluation Score Sheet - 0= Did not answer, 1=Met the minimum requirement/expectation, 2= Exceeded the requirement/expectation
- Updated Budget Detail Form - January 1, 2016 - December 31, 2019
- Updated Budget Narrative and itemization - January 1, 2016 - December 31, 2019
Questions & Answers