Effective October 31, 2013 at 5 p.m., the Bridge Program will no longer be accepting new applications for funding. Invoices on approved applications will continue to be accepted through June 30, 2014.
The Utah Department of Workforce Services has created the Small Business Bridge Grant to help facilitate the growth of small businesses. This grant provides a limited reimbursement opportunity to offset training costs from the creation of new jobs (up to $6,500 for veterans and $4,500 for all others). Bridge Overview (PDF)
- Businesses must have fewer than 100 employees.
- Approved business must post their job opening(s) with the Department of Workforce Services.
- Jobs must pay at least 80 percent of the County Small Business Average Wage to qualify.
- Businesses must apply, be approved and sign an agreement before hiring employees and request payment by June 30, 2014.
- Businesses must be current on Unemployment Insurance reports and contributions.
- Newly created jobs cannot be seasonal or temporary and must be in addition to current staffing levels.
All applications must be submitted through the online Grant Management System. No hard copy applications will be accepted.