The Utah Department of Workforce Services has created the Small Business Bridge Grant to help facilitate the growth of small businesses. This grant provides a limited reimbursement opportunity to offset training costs from the creation of new jobs. The Grant can provide up to $4,500 for each new job created. Funds will be available on April 1, 2013, through February 28, 2014, or until all funds have been obligated. Bridge Overview (PDF)
- Businesses must have fewer than 100 employees.
- Jobs must pay at least 80 percent of the County Small Business Average Wage to qualify.
- Businesses must apply, be approved and sign an agreement before hiring employees and request payment by June 30, 2014.
- Businesses must be current on Unemployment Insurance reports and contributions.
- Newly created jobs cannot be seasonal or temporary and must be in addition to current staffing levels.
ApplicationBusinesses can apply for the Bridge Grant through the Department of Workforce Services website. All applications must be submitted through an Online Grant Management System (Grant System Tutorial); no hard copy applications will be accepted.
Online Grant Management System
Once a business has been approved for the Bridge Grant they will be required to sign an agreement to finalize the grant award. Approved businesses will be required to post their job openings with the Department of Workforce Services at http://jobs.utah.gov/employer/index.html.