The Utah Department of Workforce Services (DWS) is continuing the Small Business Bridge Grant for the 2014-2015 program year. This grant provides a limited reimbursement opportunity to small businesses to offset training costs from the creation of new jobs; the Grant can provide up to $4,000 for each new job created. Funds will be available July 1, 2014 through April 15, 2015, or sooner if funding is exhausted. No applications will be accepted after April 15, 2015. Bridge Overview (PDF)
- Businesses must have fewer than 100 employees.
- The wages for newly created jobs must pay at least those stated in the program guidelines.
- Businesses must apply, be approved and sign an agreement before hiring employees.
- Businesses have seventy-five (75) days from when they sign an agreement to hire and submit an invoice for payment.
- All invoices for payment must be received prior to June 30, 2015.
- Businesses must be current on Unemployment Insurance reports and tax contributions.
- New jobs cannot be seasonal or temporary and must be in addition to current staffing levels.
- Approved businesses will be required to post their job openings with the Department of Workforce Services at jobs.utah.gov/employer/.