State Energy Assistance & Lifeline
The regular HEAT Program is now closed. It will reopen on November 1, 2014. If you are in danger of shut-off you may contact your local HEAT office for crisis assistance.
Year-round HEAT assistance is available in the following counties:
- Weber, Davis, and Morgan counties 801-394-9774
- Washington county 435-652-9643
Home Energy Assistance Target (HEAT)
Eligibility Requirements for HEAT Assistance:
- The total household income is at or below 150% of the Federal Poverty Level.
- The household is responsible for paying home energy costs. (Check HEAT eligibility status of many Utah Apartment Complexes)
- The household contains at least one US citizen or qualified non-citizen (see page 7 of the HEAT Policy Manual.)
To apply for HEAT during the regular season:
- Contact your local HEAT office for an appointment
- Print a HEAT application with mailing instructions and send it to your local HEAT office.
- Print a One Person Household HEAT Application
- Print a HEAT application in Spanish
- Print other HEAT forms
For complete program details, see HEAT Policy Manual
To report fraud, waste, or abuse, please call: 1-800-331-4341.
Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities by calling (801) 526-9240. Individuals with speech and/or hearing impairments may call Relay Utah by dialing 711.
Spanish Relay Utah: 1-888-346-3162