Home Energy Assistance Target (HEAT) Program
The HEAT program provides winter home heating assistance and year round energy crisis assistance for eligible low income households throughout Utah.
The regular HEAT Program is closed and will re-open November 1, 2015:
- Year round HEAT assistance is available for residents of Washington and Weber counties.
- If you have a crisis situation contact your local HEAT office for assistance.
Drafts of the 2015-16 HEAT State Plan and 2015-16 HEAT Policy Manual are currently available for public review. Please send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org by Tuesday August 11, 2015 for consideration.
Eligibility Requirements for HEAT Assistance:
- The total household income is at or below 150% of the Federal Poverty Level.
- The household is responsible for paying home energy costs.
- The household contains at least one US citizen or qualified non-citizen (see page 7 of the HEAT Policy Manual.)
For more information contact your local HEAT office or call the state HEAT program at 866-205-4357.
For complete program details see HEAT Policy Manual.
To report fraud, waste, or abuse, please call: 1-800-331-4341.
Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities by calling (801) 526-9240. Individuals with speech and/or hearing impairments may call Relay Utah by dialing 711.
Spanish Relay Utah: 1-888-346-3162
If you believe you have been treated unfairly by the HEAT program please call 866-205-4357 for assistance.