State Energy Assistance & Lifeline
You have reached the page that contains a link to the HEAT applications. BUT WAIT.... You want your application to get approved don't you? Well, in order for your application to be considered for approval, you must meet the eligibility requirements of the HEAT program (see Eligibility on the left), then carefully follow the instructions included with the application. INSTRUCTIONS ARE INCLUDED WHEN YOU PRINT OUT THE HEAT APPLICATION Important Notices
- If your utilities are shut off or subject to shut off, call your local HEAT office immediately, and do not submit a mail-in application.
- Submittal of HEAT application does not guarantee approval.
- Applications may take up to six weeks to process; therefore, it is important to continue to pay your utility bills.
- Sign and date the application. Print and keep a copy for your records.
- Use appropriate postage, and mail to the correct address for your county listed on the link below.
- Respond promptly to requests to provide missing or additional documentation (see list below).
- Failure to provide necessary documentation will result in denial.
- You will be notified by mail when your application is approved and what the benefit amount will be.
- Denial notifications will also be mailed with an explanation of reason for denial.
Additional Documentation May Be Required
- Remember to Leave a phone number where you can be reached so we can call if we have questions or you need other documents.
- I Have read and understand these instructions.
- You must enclose all appropriate verifications, and mail to: Where to mail you HEAT application
Connect to HEAT Application Now
One Person Household HEAT application in English This application is specifically designed for one-person households.
You can print this off, fill it out by hand, make sure you sign and date it and KEEP A COPY for your records. Then mail the application and all related documents to the HEAT office in the county where you live.