We may be able to help with training or related expenses to individuals age 14 and up who are seeking their high school diploma, GED, ESL certificate or certificates and degrees with a specific career in mind.
- Workforce Investment Act (WIA)
Supportive and training services to eligible adults, dislocated workers and youth.
- Trade Act Assistance (TAA)
Benefits and training services to US workers who have lost their jobs as a result of foreign trade.
Account Access/Using your Funds
Once approved, DWS will send you a prepaid Visa called a UCard. You will make all purchases using this card. You can view your card balances and review the fee schedule and brochure.
Depending on the type of funds you receive, there may be restrictions on your program of study and the school that you attend.
To find approved schools for adult high school or GED preparation, ESL, tutoring or other basic education, refer to the Basic Education Approved Training Provider List.
To find approved schools for training in a specific occupation or degree, refer to the Occupational Skills Approved Training Provider List.
Other Training Resources
- Federal Student Aid
- Utah State Office of Rehabilitation
- Utah Women and Education Initiative Resources
High School & GED
Postsecondary Education & Training
Schools, colleges, and universities must first be approved by DWS before providing training to DWS funded customers.
- Application to provide training in a specific occupation or degree
- Application to provide training in adult high school and GED preparation, English as a second language, youth tutoring or other basic education.
Sign in to access reports showing the amounts students have paid and are expected to pay. Requires your provider number.