We may be able to help with training or related expenses to individuals age 14 and up who are seeking their high school diploma, GED, ESL certificate or that want to obtain certificates and degrees with a specific career in mind.
- Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA)
Supportive and training services to eligible adults, dislocated workers and youth.
- Trade Act Assistance (TAA)
Benefits and training services to US workers who have lost their jobs as a result of foreign trade.
Account Access/Using your Funds
Once approved, DWS will send you a prepaid Visa debit card called the Training and Support Card. You will make most purchases using the Training and Support Card and will be required to provide receipts for those purchases.
Depending on the type of funds you receive, there may be restrictions on your program of study and the school that you attend.
To find eligible schools for adult high school or GED preparation, ESL, tutoring or other basic education, refer to the Basic Education Eligible Training Provider List.
To find eligible schools for training in a specific occupation or degree, refer to the Eligible Training Provider List (ETPL).
Other Training Resources
- Federal Student Aid
- Futures Through Training
- Utah State Office of Rehabilitation
- Utah Women and Education Initiative Resources
High School & GED
Postsecondary Education & Training
Schools, colleges, and universities must first be determined eligible by DWS before providing training to DWS funded customers.
- Application to provide training in occupational skills and post-secondary education.
- Application to provide training in adult high school and GED preparation, English as a second language, youth tutoring or other basic education.
Sign in to access reports showing the amounts students have paid and are expected to pay.
Youth Partner Resources
Fill out this form to make a referral to DWS for a potentially eligible WIOA youth.