|The State Workforce Development Board is composed of employers, industry leaders, education leaders and key workforce partners. It is a statewide body and board members are appointed by the governor. Casey Cameron, Department of Workforce Services executive director, serves as the governor’s designee to support the board. The SWDB committees include:|
- Apprenticeships - Chair: Joey Gilbert, Associated General Contractors/Co-chair: Jared Brydson, International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers Local 354
- Career Pathways - Chair: Jim Boyd, busybusy/Co-Chair: James Jackson III, Utah Black Chamber
- Operations - Chair: Gary Harter, Department of Veteran and Military Affairs/Co-Chair: Dan Walker, Clyde Companies
- Services to Individuals with Disabilities - Chair: DeAnna Hopkins, Dominion Energy/Co-Chair: Lisa Angotti, Deer Valley Resort
- Youth - Chair: Tommy Montoya, Procter and Gamble/Co-Chair: David Gray, Lagoon
Utah’s SWDB is responsible for:
The SWDB convenes quarterly and meetings are open to the public. To attend a general meeting, note the schedule here. To learn more about the board and its accomplishments, read its 2022 Annual Report.
- Strategic and operational oversight of a comprehensive workforce development system ensuring support from key stakeholders to support regional economies
- Helping the state achieve its goals as outlined in its Unified Plan
- Ensuring continuous improvement with the quality and effectiveness of customer satisfaction with the services provided
Employers are an integral part in helping the SWDB align its efforts with the governor’s Utah Home plan to support economic growth for small businesses while increasing opportunities for Utahns such as access to education, learning and high quality careers. The Department of Workforce Services is here to help you with your business goals and needs.
If you are interested in learning more about the efforts of the board or any of its committees as well as the representation from or impacts to your area or industry, please connect with your local Workforce Services area director, State Workforce Development Board liaison, Liz Carver at email@example.com or a SWDB board member.