How to Apply for Services
- You can apply online from this website.
- If you qualify to receive help, your assistance will be based on the date we receive your application.
- Your application will be decided on within 30 days after the date it is received. Some medical decisions take longer.
- If you have little or no money you may be able to receive Food Stamps within 7 days.
- Click here if you would like to Pre-Screen for Finanical, Food Stamps, and Child Care before you apply.
- Click here to find out more about your Rights and Responsibilities as a Department of Workforce Services customer.
Returning Requested Items (Verifications)
- You will receive a form that lists the items needed to complete your application.
- Please return the items to us within 10 days. If you cannot return one or more of these, please let us know so we can help.
- You will receive information on how to contact your worker when you apply.
- It is important that you return the requested items by the deadline listed so your application can be completed within 30 days. If you return the requested items by 5pm, they will be date stamped that day. If you return them after 5 p.m. (such as putting them in a drop box or faxing them after business hours), they will be date stamped the next business day. This could affect when your benefits begin if the next business day is beyond the 30 day application period.
Additional Help and Information
- When your application is completed, you will receive a letter in the mail that will tell you our decision about whether you may receive services.
- You may be asked to meet with an employment counselor as part of the application process.
- During the application process, please let us know of any changes in your situation.