Parent/Caretaker Relatives (PCR)
Covers a parent or relative by blood, adoption or marriage of a dependent child who assumes primary responsibility for the child's care.
How to Qualify:
- The individual must be a US citizen or qualified alien.
- The individual must meet Utah residency requirements.
- There must be a dependent child in the household.
- The child must be deprived of parental support.
- The household income is below the income limit.
- There is no asset test.
*Both parents or both non-parent caretaker relatives can be included in the medical coverage.
If you receive Parent/Caretaker Relative and your income goes over the income limit, you may be able to get more months of Medicaid: up to 4 months if the income increase was caused by spousal support and up to 12 months if it was caused by earned income.
Medically Needy Family
Medically Needy Family covers families who do not qualify for Parent/Caretake Relatives, 4-Month Extended or Family 12-Month Transitional because of income or other reasons.