Records and Data Sharing requests
DWS collects information from individuals and employers in order to administer the unemployment insurance and public benefits programs. Most of that information is private and confidential and can only be released with the subject of the record's authorization. Information that identifies a person or an employer is protected in accordance with stringent state and federal laws. Those laws allow DWS to release some confidential information if the request or requester meets specific requirements.
Things to Keep in Mind
- Who may be eligible to receive confidential data and information
- You may be required to pay for the records you receive. Click here for records costs for DWS customers. Click here for costs for data sharing.
- If DWS determines that you can receive data, you will be required to enter into a data sharing agreement. These agreements are legally binding.
- Data agreements spell out the security requirements for receiving the data conditions for using data, including the penalties and costs for disclosing it, whether intentional or unintentional. Recipients of confidential information will be responsible for reimbursing all costs arising from violations of the term and conditions, including but not limited to investigation, prosecution and costs incurred by the department for resolving customer complaints resulting from the violation. Click here for sample data security and confidentiality requirements.
Publicly Available Information
Publicly available information includes
- Aggregated information where individuals and businesses can't be identified
- Industry information
- Total wages for groups or industries
- Taxable wages for groups or industries
Public information can be found here:
- Workforce Statistics
- Employment Update
- Cost of Living, Income and Wages
- Workforce Information Publications
- Utah Economic Data Viewer
- U.S. Department of Labor Unemployment Insurance Data
- *If you are unable to locate the publicly available information you need, please fill the online request form.