DWS Press Alert
August 21, 2014
Governor, Economic Leaders to Visit Uintah Basin
Governor and economic development leaders will tour the Uintah Basin Applied Technology College to highlight public-private partnerships that align workforce training with industry needs. Media is welcome on tours and during luncheon.
- Governor Gary R. Herbert
- Jon Pierpont, Dept. of Workforce Services
- Val Hale, Governor's Office of Economic Development
- Blair Carruth, Utah System of Higher Education
- Mayor Sonja Norton, Vernal
- Sen. Kevin Van Tassell
- Uintah Basin Applied Technology College Vernal Campus 450 N 2000 W Vernal, UT 84078
- Saturday, August 23, 2014
Tour of UBATC: 11-12 pm
Press access and Uintah County Luncheon: 12-1 pm
UBATC is the recipient of hundreds of thousands of dollars in grant funding from DWS. These grants align workforce training demand, more effectively helping job seekers find work and employers fill open positions.