About Housing and Community Development
Thank you for your interest in the Housing and Community Development Division (HCDD). We invite you to learn more about our services and make full use of our resources. Housing and Community Development is composed of ten major program areas to serve local government, community organizations and citizens. Our division:
- Helps communities with their infrastructure, bonding ability and basic community services — fueling healthy communities and a healthy economy.
- Gives critical assistance to communities with some of their toughest community problems, like hunger, homelessness and domestic violence
- Provides tools and resources for developing affordable housing.
- Directly helps homeowners reduce energy bills and improve their living conditions.
- Administers a wide array of federal grants, making funding available to a number of Utah communities, and offers training and technical assistance to make it possible and easier for communities to receive funding.
- Uses state dollars wisely: for every state dollar we spend, Utahns receive over ten dollars worth of value in return, and many programs will yield even more for years to come. HCD’s Regional Rural Planners help rural communities use resources to the best advantage, multiplying investment.
None of this could be accomplished without collaborations across the state with remarkable organizations and communities truly dedicated to elevating life in Utah.
We invite you to browse our pages and contact us with questions.
Jonathan Hardy, Division Director