myCase Application Logo

Top Questions

How soon could I get benefits?

Your application should be worked no later than 30 days from the day you applied for benefits. Some medical benefits may take a little longer. If you applied for Food Stamps and are eligible for expedited Food Stamps you should have them within 7 days.

You can find the estimated decision date for your application on the "Services" page under the "Application" link. Once benefits are authorized you can see the benefit and amount under the "Benefits" tab.

Who do I include on my application?
Include yourself and everyone living with you. If you are only applying for your child, also include yourself. Since parents are responsible for their children, we must look at the income and assets of all parents living with the child.
How do I know if I should do a new application?
  • If you have never received any kind of benefits from the State of Utah.
  • If you have received benefits but your program was closed more than 30 days.
  • If you are currently receiving a benefit but want to apply for another program.

If your case was closed less than 30 days due to a review closure go to "Case Review" to complete review. Or, if you currently receive benefits but need to report a change in household circumstances go to "Report Changes".

How do I check the status of my application?
On the myCase home page, select the "Services" link. Then select the "Applications" link. This will take you to a screen where you can see the application status. You can see if your application is being worked on and the estimated date of when a decision will be made. You can also see if your application has been denied.
How do I apply for another program now that I've submitted my application?

If you have submitted an application and need to apply for any other programs you can apply by starting the online application process again.

You will be required to visit all sections even if you entered information when you did the previous application, but the information will show up and you will not need to enter it again. You can select to edit the information if you need to make any changes.

How do I turn in my verifications?
If you have verification of the change (pay stub, rent receipt, etc.) send us a copy. You can send us paperwork by:
  • Fax - 877-313-4717
  • Mail - PO Box 143245, SLC, UT 84114-3245
  • Drop off at local office
  • You can upload your verifications for your case on Verifications Needed page.