Welcome to the Utah Department of Workforce Services Unemployment Insurance Claim Filing web site. In order to file for Unemployment Insurance (UI) you must have been separated from your employer or have had your hours reduced.
You will need the following information to file:
- Your Social Security Number
- The names of all employers as they appear on your pay stub with the dates worked for all employers since January 1, 2018
- The name and local number of your union hall, if you obtain work through a union
- Your State Driver's License or Identification Card number, if you have one
- Your Alien Registration Number, if you are not a U.S. citizen but are legally authorized to work in the United States
- If you have any non-Utah employers, you must have an accurate mailing address and phone number for them
Please gather this information before continuing to file your claim. This site is available from 2:00 AM to 11:45 PM, seven days a week. The filing process takes, on average, 30 minutes to complete. Please allow enough time to complete the process.
If you attempt to submit a page after 11:45 PM, you will not be able to complete your claim. Your data will be saved and you will be able to complete your claim, if you return within 24 hours.
Please save all data prior to submitting each step. If you remain on any page for more than 20 minutes, your session may time out and you will need to log in again and continue.
If you are currently outside the United States or Canada, you are not eligible for Utah Unemployment Benefits.
There are six sections to this application. Once you have completed each section, you will be unable to go back and make changes.
- Initial Steps: This section includes identity verification questions and questions to determine your eligibility.
- Personal Information: This section includes things like your address and contact information, as well as optional demographic information.
- Employment Information: This section includes all of your employment information for the last several months, including separation information.
- Eligibility Questions: This section includes information regarding your current availability for employment.
- Statements: This section details the information surrounding each employer separation.
- Finalize Your Claim: This section details information and instructions to keep your unemployment claim active. Please read this information carefully.
The information you provide when filing your claim is kept confidential. We do not share your information with other entities and you will only be contacted on matters that directly concern your unemployment insurance claim. You are entering a secure site. Please allow a few moments for the certificate to be processed.