What is Utah’s Unemployment Insurance Law?
The Utah unemployment insurance program is established and governed by Title 35A, Chapter 4 of the Utah Code, titled the Utah Employment Security Act. This law establishes:
- contributions (tax),
- benefits and eligibility,
- the unemployment compensation fund and
- program administration.
Is There Federal Unemployment Insurance Law?
The Social Security Act establishes:
- funding for state UI program administration
- state law requirements and
- federal unemployment compensation accounts.
The Federal Unemployment Tax Act establishes:
- federal unemployment tax rates
- credits against the tax
- state law approval provisions and