Utah Occupational Explorer
The Department of Workforce Services (DWS) produces occupational projections for the state of Utah as well as for nine sub-state areas every two years. In this dashboard these projections are combined with occupational wage data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) as well and skills information from O*NET and actual current job openings from the DWS job search database to create a comprehensive profile of the characteristics and opportunities associated with each occupation.
This tool can be used to easily explore, filter, and compare occupations and then view a detailed profile and list of current job openings for each one. There are 4 primary dimensions upon which occupations can be compared - demand, wages, growth, and education.
- Each bubble in the top chart represents a different occupation.
- Different colors identify the typical education required (see the legend at the right).
- Relative bubble size corresponds to the level of projected demand (see the legend at the right).
- The bubbles are positioned based on projected growth (x axis) and annual wages (y axis).
- Each bar in the bottom charts represents a different occupation and are listed in descending order of demand, growth, or wages.
- Hover: Hover over the bubbles or bars for additional information.
- Click: Click on a bubble or bar to open a detailed report for that occupation - including a list of current job openings.
- Filter: Use the filers at the right to refine your search.
Review Utah's current employment and unemployment.
View local economic profiles and read in-depth analysis.
Browse a wealth of Utah economic data by category.