Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA)
The Workforce Innovation and Opportunity act (WIOA) is a new federal law that provides an opportunity to take a fresh look at the collaboration amongst all partners in Utah's economy, including business, labor, education, and government. Working together, we'll continue to enhance and increase alignment, connection, and coordination of Utah's workforce development system.
The Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) is a federally funded program that provides supportive and training services to eligible customers. In Utah, WIOA is administered by the Department of Workforce Services, Vocational Rehabilitation and Adult Education. WIOA serves:
- Adults - age 18 to 72, citizens or eligible non-citizens and low income.
- Dislocated Workers - dislocated from employment, citizens or eligible non-citizens.
- Youth - age 14–24, citizens or eligible non-citizens and low income.
Unified Workforce Plan
Under the WIOA provisions, the State Workforce Development Board prepared a Unified Plan for approval by the U.S. Departments of Labor and Education detailing how WIOA and Wagner-Peyser funds are being spent to best support Utah residents. This is a four-year strategy that identifies key action items to develop the workforce system in alignment between the skills of job seekers and the needs of employers. We look forward to working with our many public and private partners in making the Utah economy even stronger!
WIOA One-Stop Partner Referral Sheets
What is WIOA
- Sign in to "my Job Search" or create a new job search account
- Click on "Apply for Training Services"
- Complete the application for training
- Once completed, a DWS representative will call within 3 days to schedule an appointment