The links below provide access to information on state and federal employment laws, often times referred to as “compliance assistance.”
Federal Employment Laws
The following links from the United States Department of Labor (DOL) provide information to workers, employers, job seekers and retirees about how to comply with federal employment laws.
- OSHA UPDATE: New Reporting Requirements start January 1.
- DOL Laws and Regulations
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEOC) Laws
- Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) Information
- Employment Laws Assistance (elaws) Information
- Wage and Hour Rules
- U.S. Small Business Administration
Federal Contractors and Subcontractors
For information about Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action requirements, visit the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) or call OFCCP, toll free, at 1-800-397-6251. Covered contractors and subcontractors with mandatory job listing requirements, post a job today.
State Employment Laws
The Utah Labor Commission is the regulatory agency responsible for protecting the health, safety and economic well-being (i.e., wage, labor or anti-discrimination) of employees and employers. Visit the following for more information on state employment laws.
- Required Posters to be Hung at Business
- Claim for Unpaid Wages
- Minimum Wage Information
- Requirements for Employing Minors
- Utah Anti-Discrimination and Labor Division Information
- Workforce Safety Information
- Utah Occupational Safety and Health (Utah OSHA)
- Worker's Compensation Information
Related Employment Law
Know the laws pertaining to youth.
- Worker's Compensation Fund
Apply, file a claim, make a payment and more.
- U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC)
Responsible for enforcing federal laws that make it illegal to discriminate.
- EEOC Questions and Answers
Get answers to your EEOC questions.
- Americans with Disabilities Act
Federal law prohibiting discrimination against persons with disabilities.
- Division of Occupational and Professional Licensing
Administers and enforces licensing of certain occupations and professions.
- U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
Provides oversight of lawful immigration to the United States.