COVID-19 -- Other Assistance
The Department of Workforce Services continues to closely monitor the COVID-19 pandemic, under the direction of the Governor’s Office. Below you will find information and resources regarding our services and COVID-19. Please check back regularly as these resources will continually be updated.
- COVID-19 and SNAP Benefits FAQ | Spanish
- SNAP benefits may be supplemented English | Spanish
- If you are in need of food assistance, please apply for SNAP benefits at jobs.utah.gov/mycase.
- The HEAT program provides energy assistance and year-round energy crisis assistance for eligible low-income households in Utah.
- If you are in danger of shut-off or need assistance paying your bills, contact your local HEAT office or apply online or call 1-866-205-4357.
- For information on applying for Medicaid to receive medical benefits please visit https://medicaid.utah.
- For the duration of the COVID-19 pandemic, Medicaid has suspended the community engagement/work/self-
sufficiency requirement. Medicaid and CHIP members will continue to receive benefits and no cases will be closed during the emergency period. CHIP members are also not required to pay their quarterly premium. For more details and ongoing updates, please visit medicaid.utah.gov/covid-19/.
- Offices located in “yellow” areas of the state are reopening for walk-in traffic during the last week in May. Offices located in “orange” areas are providing services online and by phone. To find your local office and the best way to access services, visit our local office map.
- A mask must be worn when visiting an employment center in person.
- No in-person workshops are being held. Online workshops are available.