Federal Bonding Program
How To Apply
Job applicants seeking bonding should apply in person at their local DWS office
The Federal Bonding Program is a successful job placement tool for job seekers with barriers to obtaining employment. The program has achieved a 99% success rate by offering employers Fidelity Bonds to insure against any type of theft, forgery, larceny, or embezzlement. Bonding Overview (PDF)
- Any public, private, government or community-based organization may participate.
- Bonds are issued directly to the employer at no cost.
- Bonds are valid for 6 months and are issued in $5,000 increments up to $25,000.
- Employers must be current with Unemployment Insurance reports and contributions.
- Employers will need to provide their FEIN to DWS.
- DWS will handle all paperwork for the bond
The Program Serves:
- Welfare recipients
- Individuals with a history of substance abuse
- Individuals who have been dishonorably discharged
- Disadvantaged youth
- Others with barriers to employment