jobs main content

Filing a New Claim

Where Do I File a Claim for UI Benefits?

New claims for unemployment insurance benefits in Utah will be expedited if you file online. To file a new claim for unemployment insurance benefits, click here.

New claims can also be filed by telephone. To file by phone, please call the numbers listed below between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday, except holidays. Call volumes may result in longer hold times, especially on Mondays.

Salt Lake County: (801) 526-4400
Utah County: (801) 375-4067
Weber and North Davis Counties: (801) 612-0877
Balance of state or out of state, Toll Free: 1-888-848-0688

The Claims Assistance and Re-Employment Team is closed on all legal holidays.

What Do I Need to File a Claim for UI Benefits?

When filing a new claim, please have the following information available: