Filing a New Claim
Where Do I File a Claim for UI Benefits?
New claims for unemployment insurance benefits in Utah must be filed online. To file a new claim for unemployment insurance benefits, click here.
For questions or assistance, please contact the Claims and Re-Employment Monday through Friday at the numbers listed below. Call Volumes may result in longer hold times, especially on Mondays
Salt Lake County: (801) 526-4400
Utah County: (801) 375-4067
Weber and North Davis Counties: (801) 612-0877
Balance of state or out of state, Toll Free: 1-888-848-0688
The Claims Assistance and Re-Employment Team is closed on all legal holidays.
What Do I Need to File a Claim for UI Benefits?
When filing a new claim, please have the following information available:
- Social Security Number
- Alien Registration Number (for non-U.S. citizens)
- Valid Drivers License number of State Issued ID number
- Names and addresses of all employers that you worked for in the last 18 months
- Personal Identification Number (PIN), which you select
- Mothers maiden name or another code word
- Pencil and paper for note taking