Disability Determination Services
Disability Determination Services (DDS) assists the federal social security program in supporting people with disabilities who have very limited income. DDS makes accurate and timely decisions on whether applicants meet requirements for Social Security Benefits, according to federal guidelines. DDS is only responsible for the medical eligibility portion of the disability claim. Learn More.
Three Ways to Apply for Disability:
- Call (800) 772-1213 or TTY (800) 325-0778
- Visit https://www.ssa.gov/disabilityssi/
- Go to a Social Security office near you https://secure.ssa.gov/ICON/main.jsp
- Social Security’s Definition of Disability
- How an Eligibility Decision is Made
- Social Security Disability Insurance
- Supplemental Security Income
- Disability Starter Kits
- Electronic Publications
- Common Social Security Forms and Instructions
- Report Waste, Fraud or Abuse
- Frequently Asked Questions
The Social Security Administration (SSA) establishes and reviews the performance metrics and outcomes for DDS. Learn more.
To contact Disability Determination Services, email UT.DD.Salt.Lake.City@ssa.gov.