Expanded Student Access Grant
|Grant Title:||Expanded Student Access Grant|
|Funding Source:||State of Utah General Funds|
|Application Deadline:||March 12, 2020, 5:00 PM MDT: Proposals must be received no later than 5:00 PM. Proposals received after 5:00 PM will not be accepted. Proposals may not be faxed.|
|Program Start Date:||July 1, 2020|
|Program End Date:||June 30, 2021|
|Contact Information:||DWS Program Specialist: Emma Moench, email@example.com, 385-227-1251 or DWS Contract Analyst: April Gardner, firstname.lastname@example.org, 801-526-9345.|
The Expanded Student Access Grant Program will expand eligible student access to existing high-quality school readiness programs administered by Local Education Agencies (LEAs), charter schools, and private child care providers. This grant provides funds to existing preschool providers determined to offer high-quality preschool programming. Expanding access to high-quality school readiness programs for eligible students will increase school readiness, improve academic performance and reduce remediation costs associated with poor academic outcomes.
This Request for Grant Applications (RFGA) is structured as a two-step process. The process begins with the First Step Application for Evaluation (Appendix I), due no later than 5:00 p.m. MDT on Thursday, March 12, 2020. Applicants that meet eligibility requirements in the First Step will be invited to submit a detailed second application that will allow proposals to be evaluated and scored competitively.
The following are encouraged to apply:
- Applicant must be an existing, early childhood education program, primarily serving typically developing students;
- Applicant must be one of the following:
- Local Education Agency (LEA);
- Charter school using federal (Title I) or state education funding for its current early childhood education (pre-kindergarten) program;
- Private child care provider; or
- Charter school with early childhood education provided by private providers.
- Applicant’s school readiness program must meet the requirements of a high-quality program, as defined in Utah Code §35-15-202;
- The following preschool programs are not eligible for this grant:
- Applicants receiving Becoming High-Quality Grant funds during the fiscal year 2021 grant period (Utah Code §35-15-301);