- Job Search Tools
- Diploma or GED
- Occupational License
- College Degree
- Work Experience
- Rejoining the Workforce
- Career Counseling
- Trade Act Benefits
- Hiring Sites
How to Apply
Steps to apply
1. Submit an application online or in-person at a local Employment Center.
- Click here to find an Employment Center near you.
- Or click "Apply Now" to apply online.
- If you do not have a Utah ID account, you will have to create one. For help, you can view this video.
2. Meet with an employment counselor to complete eligibility.
- You will be contacted by an employment counselor within three business days to schedule an appointment.
- The employment counselor will let you know what additional verifications are needed based on your situation.
- You may be eligible for Career and Education resources if:
- You've been laid off from a job
- Have a qualifying household income
- If you're between ages 14 and 26 and are out of school struggling to connect to employment, start or finish school or are struggling at school or work.
- If you have been in foster care and you are between the ages of 16-26
3. Finalize your eligibility.
- You must provide all required documentation or information to your eligibility counselor within 45 days of submitting your application.
- Once all information has been provided by you, the employment counselor will determine which program(s) and services you are eligible for.
4. What to expect if you are eligible
- You will be contacted by your employment counselor to set up a comprehensive assessment meeting.
- Together you will create an individual employment plan that includes the following:
- Complete assessments for career exploration
- Choose the type of employment that is the best fit for your interests and abilities.
- Determine the services you are eligible for to help achieve your career goal.
- Connections to resources based on your qualifying services.