- Home: Deaf and Hard of Hearing
- Case Management
- Employment Services
- Hard of Hearing Services
- Outreach and Technology
- Southern Utah Program
- Utah Interpreter Program
- Other Services
Hard of Hearing Services
Are family members complaining that the TV is too loud? Do you find yourself daydreaming more during meetings? Are you easily frustrated in group gatherings or large parties? About 1 in 9 people would answer, “Yes!” to all these questions.
DSDHH offers resources including free classes on Living with Hearing Loss, speech reading, coping strategies, information on technology and resources available. There are several Hard of Hearing Assistants providing free classes and information throughout the state.
- About this Program
- Hospital Kits
- Intake Form
- I Need Financial Support for a Hearing Aid, Cochlear Implant and/or Assistive Technology
- List of Amplified Phones in the Demo Room
- CART - Communication Access Realtime Translation
- Facebook: Utah Hard of Hearing Services
- Vendor Contact List – Amplified Phones and Assistive Technology
- Video: Northern Utah Assistive Technology Demo Lab (with subtitles)
- Video: Southern Utah Assistive Technology Demo Lab (with subtitles)
Videos - May's Better Hearing and Speech Month
In May of each year, the Division of Services for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing celebrate the Better Hearing and Speech Awareness month. It's an opportunity to raise awareness about people with hearing loss.
- Vlog #1: Intro to Better Hearing & Speech Month (with subtitles)
- Vlog #2: Living with Hearing Loss (with subtitles)
- Vlog #3: Hearing Aid Facts (with subtitles)
- Vlog #4: Intro to ALDs (with subtitles)
- Vlog #5: HLAA Support Group (with subtitles)
- Vlog #6: Right vs Wrong Way (with subtitles)
- Vlog #7: Rephrase (with subtitles)
- Vlog #8: How Society Views Hearing Loss (with subtitles)
- Vlog #9: Passive Assertive Aggressive (with subtitles)
These videos were produced with the local PBS affiliate in Minnesota about age-related hearing loss by the Commission of Deaf, Deafblind, and Hard of Hearing Minnesotans.
- Video: PSA on Quick Facts about Age-Related Hearing Loss (with closed captions)
- Video: PSA on Low and No Cost Solutions (with closed captions)
- Video: PSA on Encouraging Treatment (with closed captions)
- Video: Age-Related Hearing Loss: A Growing Public Health Issue (with closed captions)
- Video: Tools for Living Effectively with Hearing Loss (with closed captions)
- Video: Hearing Loss Matters mini-documentary (with closed captions)
Hearing Loss Association of America(HLAA)
HLAA has its chapter meeting on every 3rd Wednesday of each month (except December). The meeting room is equipped with a personal FM radio system so all can hear better. We also use CART technology, so that the spoken words are captioned and projected on a screen.
Association of Late Deafened Adults(ALDA)
ALDA has a social gathering occasionally throughout the year. Contact Kathy Evans for more information.
Say What Club
Hard of Hearing Specialist
Hard of Hearing Specialist