Funding Sources for Homeless Service Providers

The Utah Office of Homeless Services coordinates funding from federal and state sources released together in a competitive Request for Proposals (RFP) and applications, and are prioritized by the Local Homeless Councils and the Utah Homelessness Council. 

For more information on funding availability for homelessness programs, please contact the Utah Office of Homeless Services at  

If you are seeking personal assistance related to homelessness, please call 2-1-1 to find a service provider near you.

Public or private not-for-profit organizations, faith-based organizations, state departments and agencies, units of local governments and Indian tribal governments who provide support, resources and services to individuals and families experiencing homelessness may be eligible for funding through the Utah Office of Homeless Services, through the following: 

  • Balance of State Continuum of Care
  • Federal Emergency Solutions Grant 
  • Federal Emergency Solutions Grant CARES Act
  • Federal Housing Opportunities for Persons with AIDS (HOPWA)
  • Federal Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)
  • State Homeless to Housing
  • State Homeless Shelter Cities Mitigation Fund
  • State Pamela Atkinson Homeless Account