Nearly half of the approximately 65,000 refugees currently living in Utah are women and children. Youth from refugee backgrounds face unique challenges when adjusting to life in the United States. We provide and coordinate comprehensive services and support for both refugee youth, their families and program providers.
We engage refugee youth in:
- Leadership development
- College and career readiness workshops
- Teamwork and collaboration among different refugee communities
to position refugee youth for success after high school.
We help schools and youth organizations with:
- Coordination of services
- District and school dialogue
to address the academic and social needs of refugee youth in Utah.
We coordinate events and programs to help ensure successful integration of refugee youth. These events and activities include:
- Quarterly social events
- Refugee Girls Volleyball League
- Refugee Youth Educational Conference
- Refugee Youth Summer Internship Program
- Other programs and workshops as requested by refugee communities