Get involved today to help refugees resettled in Utah

“The best thing you can do to help a refugee is to befriend a refugee.”
-Gerald Brown, State Refugee Coordinator

How you can help:


Donate Money

Donations to the Utah Refugee Services Fund help support rent and housing assistance, refugee youth programs, and other needs as determined by the Refugee Services Office Director.

Checks payable to: Refugee Services Fund
Mail to:
Refugee Services Fund
Attn: Asha Parekh
250 West 3900 South, Bldg. B
Salt Lake City, UT 84107

For other opportunities to donate monetarily, visit our community partners listed below under "Volunteer Time and Skills." Please contact us with any questions or concerns about entities soliciting donations for refugees in Utah (


Donate Goods

Donations of goods are critical for many refugees resettled in the United States.

Please contact the organizations below for more information:

For other opportunities to donate goods, visit our community partners listed below under "Volunteer Time and Skills"


Volunteer Time and Skills

There are a multitude of ways to volunteer your time and skills to help refugees in Utah.

Below are some of our valued community partners who can connect you with opportunities to serve refugees.


Business and Corporate Giving

We welcome the involvement of businesses and corporations to help refugees in Utah. Giving at a corporate level can include monetary donations, goods and services, and staff volunteer time at refugee community events, such as World Refugee Day. Please contact our office for more information at


International Help

Ninety-six percent of the 20 million refugees in the world will never receive firm resettlement in the U.S. or any other safe country. The vast majority of refugees from Syria, Africa and elsewhere will remain in refugee camps or temporary status in countries of first asylum. These millions of people desperately need help. There are many ways to help refugees internationally. The following organizations can provide you with more information:


Information & Referral: 2-1-1