- Office of Child Care
- Child Care Assistance
- Other Resources
- About URPD
- Course and Instructor Approval System
- Course Catalog and Calendar
- Credentials and Certificates
- Early Learning Resources and Core Competencies
- Higher Education Opportunities
- Navigate Your Career Pathway
- Scholarships and Financial Support
- Plans and Reports
- Policies and Grants
Course Catalog and Calendar
The Office of Child Care (OCC) and the Utah Registry for Professional Development (URPD) provide a wide variety of courses to support professional development for Utah’s early learning and youth professionals through the Care About Childcare site. Those that choose to participate can register for a profile at Care About Childcare.
The course catalog includes all of the approved Career Ladder courses offered through Care About Childcare as well as community and online partners. The Course Catalog provides information about face-to-face and online courses available through Care About Childcare.
- OCC is providing a FREE year-long membership to Quorum eLearning for professionals in the state who work with children.
- Your membership is FREE to you, and valid for 12 months from the date of registration.
- Course options include a wide variety of topics, including ALL of the training needed to obtain your CDA.
- All courses are Career Ladder approved, with many options available in Spanish.
- Sign up today by going to hwww.quorumlearning.com/state-initiatives/, choosing your language, selecting Utah, and then filling out the registration form.
- Quorum members can save up to 35% on an Early Childhood Education Associate or Bachelor's Degree from Rasmussen University. For more information on this benefit, click here.
- Course Catalog Topic Areas:
Affordable courses are offered through Utah’s Care About Childcare agencies and our community partners across the state. These courses support the requirements of the Career Ladder System. The course calendar provides information about upcoming courses.
Freelance Instructor Network (FIN)
Looking for a way for your staff to receive more training and Career Ladder credit hours? We have an exciting professional development opportunity that will provide a way for programs to arrange on-site training for their staff.
The Freelance Instructor Network allows programs to independently contract with an approved instructor to teach Care About Childcare courses for their employees. Programs will be able negotiate the time and place of the training with the contracted instructor.
Contact your local Care About Childcare to request the FIN contact list for your area.
- Contact an instructor on the list and discuss your program’s professional development needs.
- Independently contract with an instructor to teach a Care About Childcare course for the staff at your program.
For more information please see our Freelance Instructor Network (FIN) Information and FAQ for Programs. Please contact your local Care About Childcare with any questions regarding this program.