- Office of Child Care
- Child Care Assistance
- Other Resources
- About URPD
- Course and Instructor Approval System
- Course Catalog and Calendar
- Credentials and Certificates
- Early Learning Resources and Core Competencies
- Higher Education Opportunities
- Navigate Your Career Pathway
- Scholarships and Financial Support
- Plans and Reports
- Policies and Grants
Financial Support Scholarships
The Office of Child Care (OCC) and the Utah Registry or Professional Development (URPD) provide financial support for individuals working towards professional development goals in the youth and early childhood fields.
All Scholarship and Eligibility Requirements can be found below.
Professional Development Incentive
The Professional Development Incentive (PDI) encourages progression along Utah’s Career Ladder by offering financial incentives to eligible youth and early learning professionals as they achieve professional development milestones.
Applicants must be employed for at least 20 hours a week at a child care program licensed by Utah Department of Health, Child Care Licensing. The program must be open 12 months a year for at least five days a week and at least six hours per day on regularly scheduled weeks.
Applicants must work with children birth through age 12 in one of the following positions:
- Family child care provider or second caregiver who cares for at least one unrelated child
- Teacher, caregiver, director, assistant director or owner of a licensed child care center
- Substitute caregiver who works directly and consistently with children for at least 20 hours per week
Applicants must be continuously employed in any of the above roles for the 12 months prior to the application date.
The PDI may be awarded to eligible applicants at the completion of each Career Ladder level earned. Refer to the Career Ladder System page for more information on the requirements for each level.
$200 per level
$400 per level
Scholarship and Incentive Policies
To view more detailed information on eligibility, requirements and the application process, please review the applicable policy.