- Office of Child Care
- Child Care Assistance
- Other Resources
- About URPD
- Course and Instructor Approval System
- Course Catalog and Calendar
- Credentials and Certificates
- Early Learning Resources and Core Competencies
- Higher Education Opportunities
- Navigate Your Career Pathway
- Scholarships and Financial Support
- Plans and Reports
- Policies and Grants
Scholarships and Financial Support
The Early Education Payback Program provides reimbursement for the cost of early childhood education college credits. Students can earn up to $3,500 per semester while working at least 15 hours in the early childhood education field.
Early Education Payback Program
- Earn up to $3,500 per semester as a reimbursement payment
- Declare a major in early childhood education, elementary education, child development, early childhood special education
- Work at least 15 hours/week in a DWS Eligible program licensed by the Utah Department of Health - Child Care Licensing
- Receive a C- or higher in each course to qualify
- Submit an application within three months after the end of the semester
- For questions, contact the Utah Registry for Professional Development (URPD) at firstname.lastname@example.org or 435-797-2468.
If not majoring in one of the fields listed above, you are not eligible for this scholarship and should apply for the Career Ladder Approved College Course Scholarship (see below).
Career Ladder Approved College Course Scholarship
- Earn up to $750 per Career Ladder-approved course for up to 12 credit hours/semester as a reimbursement payment
- Available for those who are working at least 15 hours/week in a DWS Eligible program licensed by the Utah Department of Health—Child Care Licensing and do not have a declared major in the one of fields listed in the description of the Early Education Payback Program. If students are majoring in the fields listed in the Early Education Payback Program, then they are not eligible for this scholarship and should apply for the Early Education Payback Program above. Both college scholarships cannot be applied for at the same time.
- Students must receive a grade of C– or higher to qualify and submit application within three months after the end of the semester
Conference Registration Scholarship
- Earn up to $500 per year as a reimbursement payment for attending one conference in the early childhood field that meet the requirements of a Professional Activity on the Career Ladder.
- Available for those who are working at least 15 hours/week in a DWS Eligible program licensed by the Utah Department of Health—Child Care Licensing.
Free Quorum eLearning Membership
OCC is providing a FREE year-long membership to Quorum eLearning for professionals in the state who work with children.
- Your membership is FREE to you, and valid for 12 months from the date of registration.
- Course options include a wide variety of topics, including ALL of the training needed to obtain your CDA.
- All courses are Career Ladder approved, with many options available in Spanish.
- Sign up today by going to hwww.quorumlearning.com/state-initiatives/, choosing your language, selecting Utah, and then filling out the registration form.
- Quorum members can save up to 35% on an Early Childhood Education Associate or Bachelor's Degree from Rasmussen University. For more information on this benefit, click here.
General OCC Scholarships
The Office of Child Care (OCC) and the Utah Registry or Professional Development (URPD) provide financial support for individuals working towards professional development goals in the youth and early childhood
fields. Our ongoing scholarships provide a variety of opportunities to receive funding to help pay for early childhood certificates and credentials.
Professional Development Incentive
The Professional Development Incentive (PDI) encourages progression along Utah’s Career Ladder by offering financial incentives to eligible youth and early learning professionals as they achieve professional development milestones.
URPD uses PaymentWorks to pay all scholarship and professional development incentive reimbursements. These reimbursements will be paid through direct deposit, and applicants will need to submit an IRS W9 Form and account information through URPD's PaymentWorks system. Please click here for more information about PaymentWorks.
Scholarship and Incentive Policies
To view more detailed information on eligibility, requirements and the application process, please review the applicable policy.