- Customer Education Center
- Overview of Services
- Family Employment Program
- Two Parent
- Adoption Assistance
- Specified Relative
- Homeless Prevention
- Time Limits / Extension
- Review Process
- How to use
- EBT Instructions
- Next Steps
- General Assistance
- Refugee Assistance
- Review Process
How To Use Your Financial Benefits
When are Benefits Available?
For ALL financial programs, participation is required before payment is authorized.
- Most financial benefits are available on the first of the month.
- Payments for some programs are issued on the 5th and 20th of the month. Your Employment Counselor will let you know when you will received your benefits.
If financial benefits are issued to your Horizon Card account that you are not eligible to receive, the funds may be removed and returned to the State of Utah without prior notification to you of the removal. You will receive notification after the financial benefits have been removed.
How Do I Use My Benefits?
You may use your card to buy the things you need at stores that accept EBT
You can also withdraw your cash benefits at most ATM's and store point-of-sale (POS) machines.
- A small transaction fee may be charged to your account.
- Stores may limit the amount of cash you can get back with a purchase.
An EBT card cannot be used to access cash benefits at a Point of Sale or ATM in an establishment that primarily sells liquor, allows gambling or gaming, or provides adult-oriented entertainment where performers disrobe or perform.
An EBT Card cannot be used to purchase beer, intoxiating beverages, cigarettes, or tabacco products.
- A customer who accesses FEP cash benefits at one of the above establishments, or purchases any of the items listed above, may be disqualified from Family Employment Programs for 12 months for an intentional program violation.