- Customer Education Center
- Overview of Services
- Family Employment Program
- Two Parent
- Adoption Assistance
- Specified Relative
- Homeless Prevention
- Time Limits / Extension
- Review Process
- How to use
- EBT Instructions
- Next Steps
- General Assistance
- Refugee Assistance
- Review Process
How To Use Financial/Cash Benefits
EBT cards can be used at any retail store that displays the Quest or EBT logo to purchase eligible items. Financial/Cash benefits can also be withdrawn from any ATM that displays the Quest logo.
Cash benefits CANNOT be used to make online purchases.
There are several different types of assistance that are deposited into your Cash account:
- SNAP Cash out
- TANF (FEP-Family Employment Payments)
- GA (General Assistance)
- RCA (Refugee Cash Assistance)
- SSI State Supplemental Payments
- EA (Emergency Assistance Payments
- Medical Transportation Reimbursement
- Other Supportive Service Payments
- Y Funds
- Z Funds
- Transient Funds
- Burial Funds
To make a Cash Purchase or Cash Withdrawal at a Retail Location:
- Select EBT from the point of sale machine or notify the cashier that you are using your cash account.
- Swipe your card then enter your PIN. (Cover the keypad when entering the PIN to protect it from cameras or people seeing your PIN.)
- Select the cash back or cash withdrawal amount you are requesting.
- Cash back or cash withdrawals may be limited based on the retailer.
- There are no fees to get cash at an EBT retail location.
- Select OK when the purchase amount is displayed.
To make a Cash Withdrawal at an ATM:
(look for ATMs that display the Quest logo)
- Insert or Swipe your card
- Enter your PIN. (Cover the keypad when entering the PIN to protect it from cameras or people seeing your PIN.)
- Select Withdrawal from Checking.
- Enter the amount you want to withdraw.
- ATM fees may apply depending on the bank.
- You must have a Cash balance to cover the amount for the withdrawal and any associated ATM fees or the transaction will be denied due to insufficient funds.
When are Benefits Available?
For ALL financial programs, participation is required before payment is authorized.
- Most financial benefits are available on the first of the month.
- Payments for some programs are issued on the 5th and 20th of the month. Your Employment Counselor will let you know when you will receive your benefits.
If financial benefits are issued to your Horizon Card account that you are not eligible to receive, the funds may be removed and returned to the State of Utah without prior notification to you of the removal. You will receive notification after the financial benefits have been removed.
EBT Transaction Information
- If you do not access your account for 365 days your benefits will be removed from the card. Once benefits are removed from the account they cannot be re-issued.
- You can view two months of your transaction history by
- You can also hear your last 10 transaction by calling the EBT Help Desk at 800-997-4444
- EBT account balances can be adjusted when there is a system error in processing a transaction. You will receive a notice about the adjustment. You may file a fair hearing if you disagree with the adjustment.
Restricted Financial/Cash Purchases
Recipients who use their Financial/Cash benefits at a restricted location or to purchase any of the restricted items listed below may be disqualified from Financial Programs for 12 months for an Intentional Program Violation.
An EBT card cannot be used to access cash benefits at a Point of Sale or ATM in an establishment that primarily:
- Sells liquor
- Allows gambling or gaming
- Or provides adult oriented entertainment where performers disrobe or perform.
An EBT Card cannot be used to purchase:
- Intoxicating beverages
- Tobacco products