- Customer Education Center
- Overview of Services
- Family Employment Program
- Two Parent
- Adoption Assistance
- Specified Relative
- Homeless Prevention
- Time Limits / Extension
- Review Process
- How to use
- EBT Instructions
- Next Steps
- General Assistance
- Refugee Assistance
- Review Process
Horizon Card EBT Basic Instructions
Keep your Horizon Card even if your case closes. This will save you time if you apply again for benefits in the future, as you won't need a new card mailed to you.
Your Card and PIN
- Call the Horizon Card Helpdesk to activate your card and select your personal identification number (PIN). This telephone number will be located on the back of your card.
- Keep your PIN secret and do not write it down on the card or card sleeve. Without the PIN, nobody else can use your card.
- If you give the card and PIN to anyone, you will be responsible for any withdrawals made from the card.
- If you lose the card or if it is stolen, report it immediately.
Call the Horizon Card Helpdesk at (800) 997-4444, use the ConnectEBT mobile app, or log into your EBT Account at ConnectEBT.com if :
- You need to check your balance.
- You need a replacement card because the card has been lost, stolen or is no longer working.
- The replacement card will be mailed to you.
- You need to change your PIN for any reason.
- You have questions on how to use your card.
- The ATM does not give you the correct amount.
The Helpdesk is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
EBT Retailer Information
- The retailer is required to provide you a receipt that will include retailer name, location, transaction type, transaction amount, and the remaining SNAP balance.
- There is no minimum dollar amount per transaction or maximum limit on the number of transactions. In addition, no transaction fees will be imposed on SNAP purchases.