- Vocational Rehabilitation
- Employment Services
- Student Transition Services
- Utah Work Incentive Planning Services
- Utah Center for Assistive Technology
- Utah Assistive Technology Teams
- Business Relations Team
- Governor’s Committee
- Disability:IN Utah
- Golden Key Awards
- Recruit or Post a Position
- Federal Contractor 503
- Tax Credits and Incentives
- ADA for Business
- Download Resources
- Abraham Lopez (NEW)
- Jacob Anderson
- Ricky Hansen
- Alexis Martinez
- Karen Nelson
- Sidney Smith
- Katie Stoddard
- Bruce Tebbs
- Diana Young
- Mindy Zampedri
2. Attend a welcome session and/or obtain an application.
Contact a VR office to attend a welcome session in person or you can view an online Welcome Session and download an USOR Application or a Large-Print Application. Find out if you're eligible by completing the application and scheduling a meeting with a VR counselor.
3. Make an appointment to see a counselor at your local VR office.
Bring any records or information about your disability, including records from your doctor, psychologist or school. If you do not have any information, your VR counselor will arrange an evaluation. You may bring someone with you to your appointment. You should also bring your completed application, a form of identification and your Social Security card. Your VR counselor will discuss and assess your disability and paths for employment. You may be asked to sign a Release of Information form so your counselor can obtain additional information to determine your eligibility.
To be eligible for services, you must:
1. Have a significant physical or mental impairment.
2. An impairment that results in a substantial impediment to employment.
3. You must require vocational rehabilitation services to obtain or maintain employment.
4. You must benefit in terms of an employment outcome.
Your counselor has up to 60 days from the day of your appointment to determine your eligibility for services. In unique circumstances, it may take additional time to obtain the appropriate information to determine your eligibility. If you are determined to not be eligible for services, you can request a file review by calling the office in your area. Please note there is an Order of Selection Wait List.
4. Next steps if eligible.
Your VR counselor will contact you when services are available and will help you develop your Individualized Plan for Employment (IPE). This plan outlines the steps to take toward obtaining employment with choices to help fulfill you goal. Together, you and your VR counselor will:
- Choose the type of employment that is best for you.
- Determine services for reaching your employment goal.
- Connect with the person or agency that offers services you need.
When you become employed, your case will remain open for at least 90 days so your VR counselor can provide guidance and support during this transition to employment. You will be considered successfully employed after 90 days of employment.