- Vocational Rehabilitation
- Employment Services
- Student Transition Services
- Utah Work Incentive Planning Services
- Utah Center for Assistive Technology
- Utah Assistive Technology Teams
- Business Relations Team
- Governor’s Committee
- Utah Business Leadership Network
- Golden Key Awards
- Recruit or Post a Position
- Federal Contractor 503
- Tax Credits and Incentives
- ADA for Business
- Download Resources
- Jacob Anderson (NEW)
- Ricky Hansen
- Alexis Martinez
- Karen Nelson
- Sidney Smith
- Katie Stoddard
- Bruce Tebbs
- Diana Young
- Mindy Zampedri
Golden Key Awards
Every year the Utah Governor’s Committee on Employment of People with Disabilities and their partners honor people and businesses with the Golden Key Award. It recognizes those who have helped promote employment opportunities for people with disabilities.
The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), signed into law on July 26, 1990, is one of America’s most comprehensive pieces of civil rights legislation. Modeled after the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the ADA is an “equal opportunity” law for people with disabilities.
In honor of the ADA, the Governor’s Committee on Employment of People with Disabilities and the Utah Business Leadership Network, UTBLN, invites community members to nominate local businesses that have gone above and beyond in their recruiting, hiring, retaining and promoting of individuals with disabilities.
2018 Golden Key Awards: Nominations Now Open!
The Golden Key Awards will be held on October 16, 2018 at the Utah Business Leadership Network Summit in Salt Lake City. The 2018 nomination forms are now available and are due July 6, 2018. Submit your nomination form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Watch Governor Herbert's official announcement asking for nominations of local employers and individuals for the 2018 Golden Key Awards.
- Business of the Year – Small, Medium and Large
- Ace Award – Individual or advocate
- Freedom Award – Hiring and retention of disabled veterans and newly added
- ASAP Achievement Award – State agency with best utilization of the Alternative State Application Process
Learn about our 2017 winners in the following videos:
- Large Business of the Year: Utah Transit Authority
- Medium Business of the Year: CNA Training Centers
- Small Business of the Year: Liquid Nutra Group
- Ace Award: Sidney Smith
- Freedom Award: GE Healthcare