Utah Work Incentive Planning Services


Learn how working impacts your Social Security disability and other benefits.

Utah Work Incentives Planning Services (UWIPS) helps people who are currently receiving Social Security disability benefits (SSI/SSDI) and would like information on how work may affect their Social Security and other benefits (Medicaid, Medicare, food stamps, housing, etc.)

UWIPS also educates people about work incentives and community resources that might be helpful. To learn more, read our Frequently Asked Questions and a Benefits Planning Study. See also Ticket to Work

How to Apply for UWIPS

If you are a Vocational Rehabilitation (VR) client, ask your VR Counselor to refer you to UWIPS. Other agencies such as Division of Services for People with Disabilities, Mental Health, etc. can also refer you. You may also refer yourself by filling out a Referral Form and faxing it to 801-974-1992 or calling 801-887-9530.

If you would like more general information, you are also welcome to call the Ticket to Work Help line at 866-968-7842 / 866-833-2967 (TTY), Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m.-8:00 p.m. EST

If you have questions about your legal rights as a person with a disability going to work, call The Disability Law Center at 800-662-9080 and ask for the PABSS program.

Download Disability and Employment Resources:


1595 West 500 South
Salt Lake City, UT 84104
866-454-8397 (toll-free)
801-974-1992 (fax)

UWIPS is administered by USOR and funded by the Department of Workforce Services' Utah State Office of Rehabilitation and the Social Security Administration. 

This website was developed at U.S. taxpayer expense.