- Vocational Rehabilitation
- Employment Services
- Student Transition Services
- Utah Work Incentive Planning Services
- Utah Center for Assistive Technology
- Utah Assistive Technology Teams
- Business Relations Team
- Governor’s Committee
- Utah Business Leadership Network
- Golden Key Awards
- Recruit or Post a Position
- Federal Contractor 503
- Tax Credits and Incentives
- ADA for Business
- Download Resources
- Jacob Anderson (NEW)
- Ricky Hansen
- Alexis Martinez
- Karen Nelson
- Sidney Smith
- Katie Stoddard
- Bruce Tebbs
- Diana Young
- Mindy Zampedri
Utah Assistive Technology Teams
Utah Assistive Technology Teams (UATT) support school LEAs and IEP teams to evaluate, acquire, and manage assistive technology for students with disabilities. We support and coordinate with multi-disciplinary educational and rehabilitation teams to train students, caregivers, educators, and service providers in the use of assistive technology in education and in the major life functions of students with disabilities. View our Annual Report 2017.
The fundamental goal of UATT is to provide assistance for improving the lives of children and adults living with disabilities. We do this by introducing them to the many ways computer technology can enhance their jobs, careers, and education. We offer the following services:
1) Free consultations–We provide a place where people with disabilities, advocates, teachers, and other professionals can try out computer hardware and preview software applications with one-on-one support. (Please call ahead for an appointment.)
2) Workshops–We provide workshops for parents and professionals concerning many aspects of applying computer technology to the needs of individuals with disabilities.
3) Information–As a technology resource center, we can answer questions and provide information on many types of adaptive equipment and special software.
4) Augmentative Communication–Our center has a contract to work with the Utah Assistive Technology Teams (UATT) in public schools throughout the State of Utah. Under this agreement, we can loan augmentative devices and adaptive equipment to teachers and therapists on UATT for their use in assessing oral and written communication needs of students.
View our list of UATT teams located throughout the state.
We are generally open from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. If you would like to tour our facility or schedule a private consultation, please contact Kent Remund (801-887-9533) or Julia Pearce (801-887-9534). We are available by appointment only.