- Vocational Rehabilitation
- Supported Employment Services
- Ticket to Work
- Utah Work Incentive Planning Services
- Utah Center for Assistive Technology
- Utah Assistive Technology Teams
- Business Relations Team
- Choose to Work
- Governor’s Committee
- Disability:IN Utah
- Golden Key Awards
- Recruit or Post a Position
- Federal Contractor 503
- Tax Credits and Incentives
- ADA for Business
- Download Resources
- Success Stories
Utah Center for Assistive Technology (UCAT)
The Utah Center for Assistive Technology (UCAT) is a statewide resource offering information and technical services to help people with disabilities acquire and use assistive technology devices. UCAT offers free evaluations to anyone within the state of Utah.
Free Consultation / Referral Form
If you are seeking a free consultation with UCAT, please fill out a referral form and email it to email@example.com.
Who We Serve
Our services are available to people with disabilities, parents and other family caregivers, rehabilitation counselors, independent living specialists, special educators, occupational therapists, physical therapists, allied medical professionals, and other who are concerned with and advocate for people with disabilities.
Sometimes, a commercial, off-the-shelf assistive device is just not quite right to fill a specialized need in the life of a person with a disability. UCAT has a well-equipped workshop and skilled staff who can modify the device to meet the need. We also have the tools and expertise to design and fabricate new solutions to fill unusual needs. Our Assistive Technology Specialists can help you in the following ways:
- Design, build and fabricate custom devices.
- Modify devices to better meet a need.
- Help define seating and positioning needs to ensure maximum effectiveness of a seating solution.
- Help clients to learn to use aids to daily living (ADL), including electronic ADLs to extend their range of independent activity.
- Assess job- and home-sites to determine the best way to facilitate client access.
- Identify and refer equipment and resources.
- Loan devices for trials of up to 30-days to ensure that they are suited to the need.
- View our work examples.
Latest News on UCAT
UCAT 2020 Year-in-Review
In 2020, in spite of challenges presented by the COVID-19 pandemic, UCAT found innovative ways to connect with individuals with disabilities statewide to provide specialized services.Read Report
Go Baby Go Program Accepting Referrals
Go Baby Go converts battery-powered kids cars into rehabilitative devices for children ages 1 to 5. UCAT can assist in adapting and modifying a car for your child. Grants for the cars may be available through the Utah Assistive Technology Foundation. Contact Kevin Christensen (801-887-9532) or Ed Whiting (801-887-9537).View Video
Receive a Free Consultation
If you are seeking a free consultation with UCAT, please fill out a referral form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.Download Form
View Work Examples
UCAT does a variety of custom work for assistive technology needs. View our videos to see examples of our work over the years.View videos
Utah Center for Assistive Technology
Judy Ann Buffmire Building
1595 West 500 South
Salt Lake City, Utah 84104