- Emergency Food Assistance
- Homeowner Assistance Fund
- HEAT Forms
- Local HEAT Offices
- Home Electric
- Home Gas
- Water Assistance
- Shut-Off Protection
- Energy and Water Tips
- Earned Income Tax Credit
- Navajo Fund
- Uintah Basin Fund
- Section 8 Landlord Incentive
Landlord Incentive Program
The Landlord Incentive Program (LIP) provides financial assistance to existing landlords to mitigate damage caused by contracted tenants in the state of Utah under the HUD Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) Program, (commonly known as Section 8). The goal of the program is to reduce financial risk for landlords and encourage them to open more rental units to HCV tenants. This program is administered by the state of Utah Department of Workforce Services Housing and Community Development Division (HCD). HCD does not establish tenants or landlords within the HCV Program.
To apply for the Section 8 Landlord Incentive Program do the following:
- Click https://webgrants.utah.gov/index.do and select Register Here
- You have to provide/enter Organization information. If you do not have an organization please put Landlord or Owner. Enter information in the red asterisk fields only. If you do not enter organization information you will not able to access the application.
- Log into Homeless to Housing and select Funding Opportunities
- Select Section 8 Landlord Incentive Program FY24
- Click 'Start a New Application'.
- Type Section 8 Landlord Incentive Program
- Select 'Go to Application Forms'
- Under Application Forms, select Section 8 Landlord Incentive Program
- Enter in the applicable information.
For questions regarding the Section 8 Landlord Incentive Program please contact Kathryn Halterman, or 435-421-2675.
For questions regarding becoming a Housing Choice Voucher Landlord in the state of Utah, please visit HCV Landlord Resources.
For questions regarding how to apply for the Housing Choice Voucher program as a tenant in the state of Utah, please visit Housing Choice Vouchers Fact Sheet and Public Housing Agency (PHA) Contact Information.