Olene Walker Housing Loan Fund


Multi-Family Program

The Multi-family program provides financial assistance for the acquisition, construction, or rehabilitation of affordable rental housing of five or more units.

Additional application documentation is required, but is not yet available; please contact Daniel Herbert-Voss, to obtain this information, at 801-468-0042 or email him at dhvoss@utah.gov.

Single-Family Programs

The Single Family Rehabilitation & Reconstructions Program (SFRRP)

The program offers financial assistance to low-income home owners whose homes are in need of rehabilitation or replacement. The program targets rural communities in Utah.

To obtain more information please call Elias Wise at 801-468-0140 or email at ewise@utah.gov

Rural Self-Help Program

The Owner-Occupied Development program, also known as the Rural Self Help Program, provides financial assistance to public agencies for developments of single-family subdivisions and infill projects designed to provide housing to low-income individuals and families in rural Utah.

To obtain more information please call Elias Wise at 801-468-0140 or email at ewise@utah.gov


The Home Choice program is designed to provide financial assistance and mortgage assistance for low-income persons with disabilities.

  • Hotline 1-866-493-4500

Individual Development Accounts

The OWHLF supports savers participating in Individual Development Accounts with AAA Fair Credit. Savers receive federal and state matching funds for use in down payments and closing costs. For more information call 801-656-1610.

Housing Opportunities for Persons with HIV/AIDS (HOPWA)

Please call Pema Chagzoetsang at 801-468-0149.

Emergency Planning

For emergency planning information, contact Elias Wise at 801-468-0140 or ewise@utah.gov.

Equal Opportunity Employer/Program

Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities by calling 801-526-9240. Individuals with speech or hearing impairments may call the Relay Utah by dialing 711. Spanish Relay Utah: 1-888-346-3162