- Emergency Food Network
- Emergency Rental Assistance
- Qualified Emergency Food Agencies Fund
- HEAT Forms
- Local HEAT Offices
- Home Electric
- Home Gas
- Water Assistance
- Shut-Off Protection
- Energy and Water Tips
- Earned Income Tax Credit
- Navajo Fund
- Uintah Basin Fund
- Section 8 Landlord Incentive
Home Energy Assistance Target (HEAT) Program
The HEAT Program provides year-round energy and water assistance as well as energy and water-related crisis assistance for eligible low income households throughout Utah. You may qualify for HEAT and Water Assistance when you apply for the HEAT Program.
TO APPLY FOR THE HEAT PROGRAM:
- Applications for households with disabled, elderly (age 60 and over) and young children (under the age of 6) are accepted October 1 - September 30
- Applications for the general public are accepted November 1 - September 30
- Apply online if eligible.
- Print a HEAT application and send it to your local HEAT office (address, email, and fax numbers are linked here).
- Call the HEAT Program line at 1-866-205-4357.
- If you need assistance applying online or emailing your HEAT application, please contact your local HEAT agency for help.
If you are in danger of shut-off, you may contact your local HEAT office for crisis assistance.
Eligibility Requirements for HEAT Assistance:
- The total household income is at or below 150% of the Federal Poverty Level.
- The household is responsible for paying home energy costs.
- The household has at least one adult (18 years of age or older or emancipated).
- The household contains at least one US citizen or qualified non-citizen (see pages 6-7 of the HEAT Policy Manual.)
- A copy of your power, heat and water bills
- Proof of ALL income received by all household members in the month prior to the month of your application
- Proof of any eligible medical expenses, child support and alimony you paid in the month prior to the month of your application
- Proof of disability, if applicable
- Additional documentation, if required
For more information contact your local HEAT office.
For complete program details see HEAT Policy Manual.
- For an overview of recent changes to the HEAT Program Policy Manual, What's New
To report fraud, waste, or abuse. email@example.com
Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities by calling (801) 526-9240. Individuals with speech and/or hearing impairments may call Relay Utah by dialing 711.
Spanish Relay Utah: 1-888-346-3162
If you believe you have been treated unfairly by the HEAT program please call 866-205-4357 for assistance.