- Emergency Food Network
- Emergency Rental Assistance
- Qualified Emergency Food Agencies Fund
- HEAT Forms
- Local HEAT Offices
- Home Electric
- Home Gas
- Water Assistance
- Shut-Off Protection
- Energy and Water Tips
- Earned Income Tax Credit
- Navajo Fund
- Uintah Basin Fund
- Section 8 Landlord Incentive
Home Energy Assistance Target (HEAT) Program
The HEAT Program provides year-round energy and water assistance as well as energy and water-related crisis assistance for eligible low income households throughout Utah. You may qualify for a heating benefit (Oct. - Mar.), cooling benefit (Apr. - Sept.) and water assistance when you apply for the HEAT Program.
TO APPLY FOR THE HEAT PROGRAM:
- Apply online if eligible.
- Print a HEAT application and send it to your local HEAT office (address, email, and fax numbers are linked here).
- Call the HEAT Program line at 1-866-205-4357.
- If you need assistance applying online or emailing your HEAT application, please contact your local HEAT agency for help.
If you are in danger of shut-off, you may contact your local HEAT office for crisis assistance.
For a limited time, you may be eligible to receive a cooling benefit. Applications accepted April 1 - September 30.
Eligibility Requirements for HEAT Assistance:
- The total household income is at or below 150% of the Federal Poverty Level.
- The household is responsible for paying home energy costs.
- The household contains at least one US citizen or qualified non-citizen (see pages 6-7 of the HEAT Policy Manual.)
- A copy of your power, heat and water bills
- Proof of ALL income received by all household members in the month prior to the month of your application
- Proof of any eligible medical expenses, child support and alimony you paid in the month prior to the month of your application
- Proof of disability, if applicable
- Additional documentation, if required
For more information contact your local HEAT office.
For complete program details see HEAT Policy Manual.
- For an overview of recent changes to the HEAT Program Policy Manual, What's New
To report fraud, waste, or abuse. firstname.lastname@example.org
Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities by calling (801) 526-9240. Individuals with speech and/or hearing impairments may call Relay Utah by dialing 711.
Spanish Relay Utah: 1-888-346-3162
If you believe you have been treated unfairly by the HEAT program please call 866-205-4357 for assistance.